Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Milwaukee County Zoo (Video)

Unfortunately, my grandfather went into the hospital just 3 days after we arrived. Since we didn't want the boys roaming around a germ infested facility, I went to visit him while they took their afternoon nap or later in the evening when they were hanging out at the hotel with Daddy. The rest of the time, we found ways to "entertain" ourselves while Papa was trying to recover.

Some days we just hung out and did little things like visiting a local park, playing at the YMCA, or running errands. Other days, we ventured out a bit more. Our first outing was the Milwaukee County Zoo. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, and it was nothing like I remembered.

Since it was winter, all of the concessions and "rides" were closed...but, we practically had the place to ourselves. It was a brisk but beautiful day and we had a great time...especially in the big leaf pile on our way out of the park. I am actually looking forward to taking the boys back sometime in the Spring or Summer.

No comments: