Thursday, March 19, 2009

Father's Day in Spain

As I mentioned before, today was Father's Day here in Spain. It's always on the 19th of March regardless of what day of the week that falls on. If you are going to have your own day, it shouldn't have the potential to fall on a working weekday. To me, that's just wrong. I think I prefer how we do it in the States, always having it on the third Sunday in June.

We didn't do anything to celebrate. I asked Jaime if he wanted to do something, but he just said "not really." So, I went to class in the morning, the boys napped, we all had lunch and hung out, Jaime spent some time on his computer, and then he went to do some things at his mom's house while the boys and I wandered around Santa Cruz for a bit.

We did all wish him a Happy Father's Day first thing this morning though. Connor said it so nicely that we had to grab the camera... of course then he wasn't very interested in a repeat performance, but it was still pretty great. It will be fun to compare their Father's Day wishes from today to when we "celebrate" again in June.


"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" ~ Lydia M. Child

No comments: