Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Did we wander???

The short answer is......no, not this Wednesday. It continues to be super rainy and windy here and this morning Jaime had to go to a meeting. Then, after the boys nap and lunchtime (which is always at least 3:00 here), we just got too lazy...for the most part. It was 5:00, and we didn't want to have to "rush" to or from anywhere. So, maybe next week.....

I know, I am also being a super slacker on my Carnaval reporting. Even though we only attended a couple events, we have TONS of photos and video. I am trying to make sense of it all so that I can post. Hopefully that will happen before Easter.

With all the rain we have had, the water reserves are at 100% which is great. It also means that the Teide is still full of snow, so perhaps we will have a chance to try and see it again before it melts. And, it means we got to see a little bit of the white stuff from the roof of our apartment this morning. So, the reserves are at 100% and we've seen the snow, now I vote for no more rain!! It's depressing and makes days with the boys far more challenging.

Here's the picture I took from the roof this morning. The clouds were covering some of the snow, but it's still pretty. And don't let the pretty blue skies fool you, the winds and storm clouds roll in pretty quickly around here...

"Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do - or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so." ~Stanley Crawford

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a pretty picture! I hope it stops raining for you. I know how challenging it is staying inside with two energetic boys! :)