Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Twenty Years??

One of the reasons our trip home was scheduled during the Fall, was so we could attend my 20 year Berkner High School Reunion!!! I never really feel like I am nearing 40 until something like this comes along to remind me. Similar to the 20 year re-release of E.T. or the 20th anniversary edition of Star Wars. Where do the years go????

Anyhow, the reunion weekend was really fun. Not as fun as the 10 year (I think these people are getting old and reserved or something), but fun. A friend of mine had a wonderful small party at his house on Thursday, then I attended the ice breaker on Friday, then we all went to the family picnic on Saturday during the day, and then Jaime and I attended the "formal" event on Saturday night. We left Saturday's event a bit early to attend the 40th birthday party of a friend from California that now lives in Texas. It was a VERY busy and tiring weekend, but we got to visit with old friends and we even made some new ones!!

There are tons of pictures on Facebook of all the events, but I seem to really only have pictures from the family day. I guess I was just too busy chatting or something to take pictures. The family day was organized separately by a couple of classmates, and, other than the ugly weather, turned out very well.



Okay, and I do have these pictures from Saturday night. The first one is at the reunion (don't look too close at that 80's hairdo picture on my name tag), and the other two are from the birthday party afterward:



"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" ~Satchel Paige

1 comment:

Amy said...

You and Jaime look great! Glad you had a good time.