Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More Friends...

Because I had some nice pictures, and because we spent the most time with these friends, I decided to do another post just for them....they are all the kind of friend you could call anytime for anything and they would be there.

My friend since middle school, Erin, came by to see us whenever she had spare time in her schedule (she is a VERY busy girl). Usually each Monday and Friday as time allowed. She would either join me on errands, hang out around the house while we did our "usual" stuff, or help me take the boys out and about. She even came over to babysit so that Jaime and I could go out for lunch and celebrate my birthday!! I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked (a typical case of "we'll do it next time..."), but I did snap these one day at the park:



Leslie and Corey have been my friends since at least 1993 or 1994 and have been Jaime's friends ever since we started dating almost 14 years ago. These two both work full time and take care of an ailing family member, and still managed to squeeze us in quite a few times. Once at a local park and then out for dinner, and then a few times in their home where we relaxed and ordered take out. They even had us over on the evening of my birthday and "made" cupcakes:




Mike and Cass are more recent friends (since about 2006), but they are the kind of people you are really glad to have met and call your friends. They have always welcomed us into their family and have even included us in many of their holiday celebrations. Cass and I also happened to be pregnant around the same time, and they have a son, Lucas, who is about 3 months younger than the boys. They were super flexible during our recent visit and, not only met us for brunch, but also invited us to their home for a couple of home cooked meals and some hanging out.




“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” ~ C.S. Lewis

No comments: