Thursday, September 24, 2009

We made it!!

We're in Dallas!! Our journey to the States included two obnoxious passengers that almost got us rerouted, two toddlers who barely slept 1 hour in a 24 hour period, and a lovely detainment by Dallas immigration...but we made it, safe and very tired.




Since our arrival, we've just been trying to get things settled and organized and get everyone adjusted to the time zone and schedule. We got our rental car, our groceries, and our temporary cell phone. We've only seen our friend Kristin who picked us up from the airport, and our generous house hosts, Randy and Linda. Otherwise, it's actually been very nice just taking a few low key days to hang out with my three boys while getting settled in and enjoying a little private USA time before all the visiting with friends and family begins.

In between organizing, running errands, and sleeping, we've ventured out to a couple local parks and a couple local eateries.

The Kids Colony Park in The Colony, TX




Angelina's Mexican Restaurant on the Lake, The Colony, TX



J.R. Newman Park in Frisco, TX





Double Dip frozen custard shop in Frisco, TX




Frisco Commons Park in Frisco, TX



I know, lots of pictures. It seems I just can't help myself, and I have a feeling it will only get worse before it gets better. Well, tomorrow begins the "official" 4 week Dallas visit with my long time friend, Erin...I'll do my best to keep up with the blog posts during the rest of the trip...So, check back and see what we've been up to.

No comments: